Another fourth quarter has kicked off in both my busy personal and professional life! Therefore, I’ve started to reflect on what the fourth quarter has meant in the past and what lessons I’ve learned that are worth remembering for this year. Here’s what I came up with:
If you are just now thinking about how your year will wrap up, it may be too late to worry about it.
- You have to start sooner if you are looking to make adjustments.
- For now, stay focused on what’s truly important, not just what’s urgent.
As each day passes, demands for the end of the year go up for everyone, both personally and professionally.
- Start to secure calendar time NOW for this hectic time, including end-of-year parties and meetings with clients, partners, and associates.
- Remember that the 80/20 rule still applies: 80 percent of your revenue comes from 20 percent of your client base, so focus your efforts accordingly.
Review your financial health.
- Don’t just take a cursory glance. This is the time to really pull the covers back.
- Did you accomplish your financial goals for this year?
- Are you ready to meet new goals for the coming year?
What are your lessons learned and best practices for end-of-year wrap up?