Ahhhhh, summer! The season when kids are out of school, families take vacations, and long weekends are frequent. Everyone wants to get outside, take advantage of the gorgeous weather, and have fun! It’s a great time to “reset” and renew our energy and focus.
But what about those of us who are left holding down the fort while others are off enjoying themselves? It can be a challenging time to keep projects moving forward. On the plus side, a less-packed meeting schedule allows more time for tasks we aren’t able to squeeze in during busier times of the year.
Here are 11 things you can do during this summer to make the most of a time that is often a little more relaxed than the hustle and bustle of the rest of the year:
- Clean and organize your office/desk/computer files
- Catch up on industry news and trends
- Take stock of your goals for the year and re-focus on completing them
- Reconnect with peers and colleagues by going out to lunch
- Read a business-related book
- Attend a networking event
- Tackle that project/task that keeps getting “back-burnered”
- Give back to your community by volunteering with your coworkers (stay tuned for an upcoming blog about ABR’s experience doing this)
- Prepare/plan for your next big project
- Participate in some kind of professional development event
- Take inventory and re-stock items such as supplies and marketing materials
Whatever you choose to do while you’re waiting for your turn to take a break from the real word, I hope you have a wonderful summer!