This position is responsible for coaching a team of new business-to-business sales representatives who are focused on selling an integrated suite of Internet, phone, Ethernet, and TV products and services to small-to-medium business customers. The New Hire Sales Coach will provide targeted training and performance coaching to result in reduced ramp-up time for new hires. This job is comprised of approximately 20% training and education and 80% coaching and feedback.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Lead team by example in key areas: prospecting techniques, selling skills, funnel management, forecasting, product knowledge, and closing sales
- Provide one-on-one/group support, advice, and coaching for new business-to-business sales representatives to ensure that they achieve new hire sales objectives
- Observe “in the field” prospecting and sales call activities and provide constructive feedback and coaching
- Conduct mock customer calls with new hires and provide constructive feedback and coaching
- Deliver formal and informal training, as necessary, that targets new hire skill deficiencies.
- Oversee the new hire training process; communicate regularly with Regional sales leadership around new hire progress
- Identify gaps, best practices, and opportunities for new hires , and recommend priorities, sequence, and action plans
- Partner with Regional sales leadership to ensure positive working relationships and effective communication between functional areas
- Conduct team meetings to improve skills, share best practices, and deliver key communications
- Ensure Salesforce.com and other critical systems are utilized accurately and consistently by new hires
- Partner with the new hire’s sales manager throughout the onboarding experience
Knowledge and Experience
This position requires strong business and organizational knowledge, leadership and communication abilities, and proven experience in a transactional sales environment, including sales management and direct selling experience.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Proven sales and sales management skills in a transactional sales environment
- 2+ years of recent sales management (SMB focused) experience required
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong impact and influence competencies
- Contract position
- Houston, TX
- Denver, CO
If interested and qualified, please email your resume.